There is a blog for everyone, every lifestyle, and every business, but why do people blog? It’s a great creative outlet and an easy way for people to communication to the world. There are numerous reasons why blogging may be something to consider for personal and business reasons.
- You like to write. If you are considering writing a book or if you just like to write, you may enjoy blogging. It’s a great way to share your stories and ideas without needing to get an agent for a book. A blog is also a great way to get started with writing a book. There have been several bloggers who have turned their blog posts into a profitable book.
Example: Krayl Finch of An Appealing Plan
- You have a product you want to sell. Whether the product is an original creation or if you are a retailer wanting to sell several products, a blog can help you reach your customers. Writing articles about the products that you sell will let your customers see that you are an expert on the subject. It will also give you the opportunity to share sales, promotions, store events, and new products with your customers.
Example: Calley Pate of The Cloth Diaper Whisperer
- You provide a service. Do you teach fitness classes? Are you a photographer? Are you a home organizer? Or have another service that you provide people? A blog is a great place to share a resume of your work or testimonials from clients. It’s also a great place to share unique projects that you’ve worked on, local events, and a fun way to show how your service impacts the local community.
Example: Lora Hogan
- To share current events. Some blogs are a collection of events and happenings. This can be local events or events for a specific lifestyle or fan groups. Are you a Disney fan? Do you like visiting local beaches? Do you love the downtown Tampa area? Are you a runner? Your blog could be a collection of current events and happenings in those areas.
Example: Tampa Bay Moms Blog
- To share a lifestyle with others. Some bloggers don’t have a specific product or service to sell, but they like to share things that interest them. Lifestyle bloggers share recipes, fashion tips, products they love, travel experiences, and other aspects of their lives. Often times companies will reach out to bloggers to feature their products on a blog as a form of marketing.
Example: Tabitha Blue of Fresh Mommy Blog
- To advocate for a cause or organization. Are you a lover of animals? Are you passionate about the environment? Do you educate others about a cause that is important to you? A blog is a great way to let others know about a cause and how they can help or how it impacts their lives.
Do you have a blog? Thinking of starting a blog? Why do you blog? Tell us in the comments below and be sure to check out our friends featured in this post for some great examples.